Live webpage construction & blog creation:installed cumulus software 13/08/12: basic upload completed 26 Sept. 2012! Testing data stream= tested; good wireless connection and stream of data at 10minute intervals from logger to pc.
- Calibration of anemometer (speed and direction), thermometer and rain gauge.
- student involvement: weather station club? collection of data/recording onto excel / cumulus?
get some traditional weather instruments set upcalibrate / test accuracy of AWS: Thermometer, hygrometer and new rain gauge installed 23 Sept 2012
- investigate other forms of data output: screens, feeds, etc.
data backup facility: ITSbatch file command set up 3/10/12
- upload to
weather underground, WOW(sorted 3/10/12) and NOAA and develop a Twitter page.
- Develop blog page: include links to forecast pages, details on HOW data is collected e.g. accuracy / resolution of instruments. Also, include helpful details of meta-data, AWS siting and anemometer.
- Include blog pages on weather news; observations, simple explanations of weather phenomenon: student orientated.
to do list
Be the first to start the conversation!